in Agricultural Machinery
For further information, please contact the Ministry of
Agriculture and Water
Issued by council of Ministers Resolution No. 96 dated 21/5/1405 H. (Feb. 11, 1985).
Its important features are:
- Agricultural machines in these Regulations shall be taken to cover all machinery and
equipment used in agricultural purposes.
- Trade in agricultural machinery shall not be permissible unless such machinery conform
to Saudi standard specifications.
- The Minister of Agriculture and Water shall, by a decision from him, specify the type,
quantity or ratio of spare parts that should be imported along with the agricultural
machine or that should be available in the markets.
- If a defect or a damage, regardless of its type, appears in the agricultural machine
during the warranty period, which is one year from the date of delivery of the machine to
the buyer, the trader shall be obliged to repair it free of charge, replace it, or refund
its price to the buyer in case repair or replacement is impossible unless the damage or
defect is the result of improper use by the buyer, and in this case the trader shall have
to prove it.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Water shall have full and direct supervision over
premises selling agricultural machinery and spare parts thereof as well as workshops for
its repair and maintenance to ascertain smooth performance.
- The profit margin for an agricultural machine shall not exceed 15 percent of the
machine's CIF price and 20 percent for spare parts which are not accessories to the
- These regulations shall replace and supersede the Council of Ministers' Resolution No.
77 dated 28/1/1395 H. (1975).