Tips For quick Checkpoint Breeze
Air travel is such a common method of transportation today, we sometimes forget the practical tips to help us enjoy a flight. The following tips will help you reduce your wait time at the security checkpoint.
What to do before you arrive at the airport.
1. Do not pack or bring prohibited Items to the airport. Prohibited items are weapons, explosives, incendiaries, and include items that are seemingly harmless but may be used as weapons - the so-called “dual use” items. You may not bring these items to security checkpoints without authorization.
2. Place valuables such as jewelry, cash and laptop computers in carry-on baggage only. Tape your business card to the bottom of your laptop.
3. Avoid wearing clothing, jewelry and accessories that contain metal. Metal items may set off the alarm on the metal detector.
4. Avoid wearing shoes that contain metal or have thick soles or heels. Many types of footwear will require additional screening even if the metal detector does not alarm.
5. Put all undeveloped film and cameras with film in your carry-on baggage. Checked baggage screening equipment will damage undeveloped film.
6. Declare firearms & ammunition to your airline and place them in your checked baggage.
7. If you wish to lock your baggage, use a TSA-recognized lock.
8. Do not bring lighters or prohibited matches to the airport.
9. Do not pack wrapped gifts and do not bring wrapped gifts to the checkpoint. Wrap on arrival or ship your gifts prior to your departure. TSA may have to unwrap packages for security reasons.
At the Airport
Keep in mind that every adult traveler 18 years and older will need to keep available his/her airline boarding pass and government-issued photo ID until exiting the security checkpoint. Because of the differences in airport configurations at many airports, you may be required to display these documents more than once.
Place the following items IN your carry-on baggage or in a plastic bag prior to entering the screening checkpoint:
Take your laptop and video cameras with cassettes OUT of their cases and place them in a bin which will be provided at the checkpoint.
Take OFF all outer coats, suit coats, jackets and blazers.
By following the suggested tips, you will breeze through the security checkpoint, which will help you to enjoy your flight.
Send E-mail to
TSN@The-Saudi.Net with questions or
comments about The Saudi Network.